Frequently Asked Questions
Below you'll find a selection from our frequently asked questions, from how we approach our work to various insights about some things. Just click on a question to reveal the answer.
- What is social media?
- The term social media refers to the use of web-based and mobile technologies (including Facebook, Twitter, Four Square, Google +, LinkedIn) used to communicate with your potential customer base and engage in interactive dialogue
- What form of social media is best for me?
- We will discuss your social media requirements and advice on the social media platform(s) that will be right for you. What we won’t do is pitch or try to up-sell a higher package. If you’re a sole trader, you don’t need the same social media package as a major company.
- Who uses social media management consultants?
- Small to medium size businesses, non-profit organisations, charities, entrepreneurs, marketers, the list goes on and on. Basically anyone can use it!
- Connect Social is based in the UK; Can I still use your services if I am in another country?
- Absolutely! As a company Connect Social prides itself on being a fully mobile, online business. This means we can deliver top-of-the-line services to anywhere in the world, from anywhere in the world.
- Do I need to sign a contract?
- We provide contracts for all our social media packages and services so that you know precisely what you are getting. However it is not our aim to lock you into a long-term, ironclad, yearly contract. If you are looking at taking out our management package we do know that it takes about 3 months to start seeing a good return from your social media efforts, so we ask that you stick with us for at least that long. Apart from that cancellation is easy; we just need 30 days notice. We believe that our clients are satisfied with this and we look forward to being with you for the long haul.
- Do you charge VAT?
- Currently we do not charge VAT due to the nature of our business. However, we expect this to change in the near future at which time all EU sales will be subject to VAT at the UK standard rate. Exclusive regions (eg USA, Canada, Australia) will continue to not be charged VAT.
- I’m interested, how do I get started?
- That’s what we like to hear. In the first instance complete our basic enquiry form and the type of service you are looking for and we will take it from there.